Victor J. Wear
Victor Wear is a Partner in the firm’s Riverside Office and has extensive litigation experience defending public entities and other businesses in personal injury claims, including automobile accidents, bus and trucking accidents, pedestrian accidents, and slip/trip and falls. Mr. Wear previously worked for Graves & King LLP from 2000-2006 and returned to the firm in 2016. From 2006 to 2016, Mr. Wear litigated personal injury claims on behalf of hundreds of plaintiffs, first at Ricks & Wear, PLC, and then at Wear & Associates, Attorneys.
Since Mr. Wear has worked on both sides of the fence, he is able to evaluate personal injury claims from a unique, and balanced, perspective and is able to identify the issues both sides will need to litigate in order to achieve a successful resolution for their client. Mr. Wear always puts the client’s interests before his own and takes his role as advocate and counselor very seriously.
A member of the State Bar of California since 1998, he is also admitted to practice in the United States District Court (Central District of California), the United States Court of Appeals (Ninth Circuit), and the Supreme Court of the United State of America. During his career, he has been a member of several bar associations, including the Riverside County Bar Association, San Bernardino County Bar Association, Los Angeles County Bar Association, and the American Bar Association. He is also an arbitrator for the San Bernardino County Superior Court and the Riverside County Superior Court.
Mr. Wear graduated magna cum laude from La Sierra University in Riverside with a Bachelor of Arts degree in Business Administration in 1995. Mr. Wear graduated magna cum laude from Southwestern University School of Law in Los Angeles in 1998. During law school, he was a member of the Moot Court Team and participated in a competition in New York City. He also served as an extern for the Honorable Judge Dean D. Pregerson of the United Stated District Court, Central District of California, during his last semester in law school.
Mr. Wear is a life-long resident of the Inland Empire. He was born and raised in Loma Linda, and continues to reside there with his high school sweetheart, Shelley. Their sons, Justin and Jacob, are attending La Sierra University and play on the baseball team. Mr. Wear is active in the community and has served on the School Board of Loma Linda Academy, the Church Board for Loma Linda University Church, and the Dean’s Advisory Council for La Sierra University’s School of Business and Management. He is the principal French horn for the Sanctuary Brass and Sanctuary Orchestra at Loma Linda University Church. Mr. Wear is also an avid sports fan and enjoys attending numerous sporting events each year.
- 2021-Present, Partner, Graves & King, LLP, with emphasis in defending personal injury claims against public entities and other businesses.
- 2016-2021, Senior Associate, Graves & King, LLP, with emphasis in defending personal injury claims against public entities and other businesses.
- 2012-2016, Sole Practice, Wear & Associates, Attorneys, with emphasis on plaintiff personal injury claims.
- 2000-2006, Senior Associate, Graves & King, LLP, with emphasis in defending personal injury claims against public entities, cab companies, gas stations, and other businesses.
- 1999-2000, Associate, Wilson, Borror, Dunn & Davis, drafting discovery, motions, and various pleadings for general civil litigation firm.
- 1998-1999, Contract Attorney, Santochi, Fitzer & Gable, drafting discovery, motions, and various pleadings for insurance defense firm.
• 2006-2012, Partner, Ricks & Wear, PLC, with emphasis on plaintiff personal injury claims, family law, wills and trusts, and bankruptcy.
Professional Affiliations (Past and Present)
- State Bar of California
- Riverside County Bar Association
- San Bernardino County Bar Association
- Arbitrator for San Bernardino Superior Court
- Arbitrator for Riverside Superior Court
- Supreme Court of California
- United States District Court, Central District, California
- United States Court of Appeals, Ninth Circuit
- Supreme Court of the United States of America
- Juris Doctor, Magna Cum Laude, Southwestern University School of Law 1998
- Bachelor of Arts, Business Administration, Magna Cum Laude, La Sierra University 1995