Szu Pei Lu-Yang
Szu Pei Lu-Yang, a Partner of the firm, has been with Graves & King since 2005. Mrs. Lu-Yang’s practice is centered on general liability litigation, large personal injury losses, defense of public entities, and the investigation of fraudulent and suspect claims. She defends public transportation entities, public and private employers, corporations, private individuals and insurance companies. Prior to Graves & King, Mrs. Lu-Yang was a partner in a boutique accounting firm in 2002 preparing corporate and individual tax returns.
In addition to practicing law, Mrs. Lu-Yang is an elected official sitting on the Rowland Water District Board of Directors as the Director for Division 5. As a Board Member, Mrs. Lu-Yang is intimately involved in water matters affecting Southern California. Mrs. Lu-Yang also is a Commissioner for the County of Los Angeles Assessment Appeals Board. Locally, Mrs. Lu-Yang is the President of the educational non-profit Foundation, FOR US for Rowland Unified School District where the Foundation raises funds to award annual teacher grants and student scholarships to graduating seniors.
Mrs. Lu-Yang received her Bachelor of Arts from University of California, Los Angeles (UCLA) where she majored in Political Science and minored in Business Economics. Mrs. Lu-Yang graduated Cum Laude and with Honors from the UCLA Honors Program.
Mrs. Lu-Yang received her Juris Doctor from Loyola Law School, where she was a member of Loyola’s Entertainment Law Review. She served as a student extern with the Honorable Ernest M. Robles of the United States Bankruptcy Court in 2001. She also participated as a volunteer site supervisor with the Internal Revenue Service Income Tax Assistance Program (VITA, 2002-2003).
- 2009-Present, Senior Associate Attorney, Graves & King LLP, Riverside, CA
- 2005-2009, Associate Attorney, Graves & King LLP, Riverside , CA
- 2001, United States Bankruptcy Court, Central District
- State Bar of California
- Riverside County Bar Association
- Los Angeles County Bar Association
- Southern California Chinese Lawyers Association
- Regional Chamber of Commerce – Board of Directors & President
- Rowland Water District-Board of Directors, Division 5
- Los Angeles Sheriff’s Community Action Committee
- Supreme Court of the State of California
- United States District Court, Central District of California
- United States Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals
- Juris Doctor, Loyola Law School 2003
- Loyola Entertainment Law Review, Writer 2002-2003
- Bachelor of Arts, Business Administration, University of California 2000
- Graduated with Honors (Cum Laude) and as a member of The Honors Program